Sustainability in the Textile and Clothing Industry
Course Learning Objectives
The textile sector has a significant impact on the environment, from numerous points of view:
- development of fast fashion with higher production of low-quality clothes;
- textiles that become waste instead of being recycled;
- pollutant production methods and technologies;
- linear business models
For this reason, the FACTIVE Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) aims to analyse the textile and clothing industry from a sustainability point of view, with a particular focus on the new processes, business models and technologies that can be used for an improvement of the environmental impact of the T&C sector.
The course is divided into several learning units. Each learning unit consists of:
- Video lectures, each with a duration of 3-5 minutes, focusing on a specific aspect of the learning unit subject.
- Quizzes, to reinforce your learning and to help you self-evaluate your level of knowledge
of the learning unit contents.
- Resources/materials: to provide you with further readings, relevant open educational resources, link to online websites, etc.
If you want to have a look at the complete course table of contents click here.
How can apply and how?
The course is addressed mainly to actual or future product developers and R&D staff of companies. Indeed, these professional groups are designated as the most crucial target group for strategic training by companies that want to work on sustainability.
However, sustainability requires an organisation-wide approach, and therefore, all professional categories can play a role in building a sustainable production process and must therefore receive the necessary training.
If you want to apply, please fill out this form. A confirmation will be sent out asap.